Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 16 ~ Vacation, Smation... I must Exercise!

Today's Thoughts:  I don't know what it is about being around other people who are working out and healthy-eating conscientious that makes you also want to do the same... whatever it is... it works!!  It's almost cult-like.  However you look at it... as far as I'm concerned... if it works, why fix it?

Day 15 Weight:               171.9 lbs.   
Day 16 Weight:               169.3 lbs.   
Weight Lost:                     -2.6  lbs. 
Weight Lost To Date:       7.1 lbs.
Weight Left to Loose:      8.6 lbs.


Wii Fit Age:  22(!) (OH YES!!)
Today's Exercise:  two hours
My workout included: Walking, brisk walk.
Burned 410 calories - the equivalent of 12 onion rings (410 calories)  The calories burned were calories burned with activity outside of wii recorded in my Activity Log.
Water Intake:  4 - 16oz bottles of water 

Note: visiting relatives makes it VERY difficult all the way around to be on a diet!... why because they feel they need to show you how much they love you by feeding you.  NO! buy me things instead!  LOL!!  Just kidding!

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs  (Late breakfast)
Snack:  - - 
Lunch:  3/4 cup of spaghetti with meat sauce and a Persian tomato salad (late lunch)  
Snack:   - -
Dinner:  1/2 cup Persian rice, Eggplant/beef dish (also Persian), with garlic yogurt!!  One Word... NUMMY!

Today's Summary: Loving the fact that I have been loosing weight the last few days.  Was it the pressure?  Who knows?  Am I more relaxed now that I am visiting my family and friends?  Who knows... however, what I do know is that I am loosing weight and continuing to watch what I am eating.

Tomorrow Goal's:  Where else can I be healthy... after all I am in the mecca of healthy people!  OK let me expand on that... if I'm in Venice as opposed to let's say ...hmmmm... without upsetting anyone...  hmmm.. let's say the valley (San Fernando that is), I am apt to be more careful as to what I eat.  WHY? you ask... again I am not trying to upset any of my friends that live in the valley..but let's face it... for the most part everyone is walking around in bathing suits more so in Venice, than the Valley... hence I am going to watch what I eat more in Venice or even Malibu for that matter.    
SO LET'S STAY HEALTHY ... and an early two to three mile walk is in store for me in the am!!!

Cooking Tip of the Day:  Being on vacation, unless you rent a house or something to that fact, you won't be doing much cooking... BUT your host will be (whether it be your mom, aunt or close friends)... so with that being the case, you could let them know that you are dieting... however, that does not mean that the menu will change.  and That's okay.. WHY? Well I will tell you why... It is up to you to use your will power.  You are on a diet, not your family!  So when they are offering you a second  helping of pasta, and they insist on serving it to you... just don't eat it!  You can say no thank you all you want... but they are insistent... in the end... just don't eat it.  Eat the first helping slow. fill up on salad, and skip on seconds.

Health Tip of the Day: Just because you are on vacation, it doesn't mean you can't workout.  I may not have a place to exercise with my wii... but I do have the open road and am able to go for a lengthy POWER walk!!  I say GO FOR IT!!


I am not a doctor or a dietitian, and am not promoting for you to follow "my 21-day challenge."  I do however advise you to consult your physician before exercise or dieting.  This is for my own personal gain (or loss) and not affiliated with wii in any way.  wii is not paying me for this.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam. Please contact me for permission..Just ask.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
My wiiFit Plus 21-Day Challenge! by Carla Barilá Karam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at takingbackmylifemakingitmyown.blogspot.com.